Protection of your privacy
Senwes's commitment to customer privacy
Senwes Limited, registration no 1997/005336/00 (Senwes) and its employees are committed to protecting your privacy, along with your assets.
Senwes recognizes its obligation to respect and protect the confidentiality of your personal, business and financial information. Customer privacy is an important issue, both to you and Senwes. That is why Senwes has developed the Senwes privacy code, which governs the behaviour of Senwes employees and suppliers with regard to accuracy and security of all your information. In order to learn more about the policies and practices of Senwes, please read the following:
- Protecting customer information:
The type of information gathered and how we protect your information.
- Availability of customer information - Responsibility:
How and why information is shared or disclosed.
- Storing personal information:
Privacy and security statements regarding specific online services.
- Online privacy:
How and why information is shared or disclosed.
Communications from this website.
- Third parties
- Senwes' privacy guidelines:
The obligations of our employees and suppliers.
- The Customers Obligation:
How can we help to ensure that your privacy is protected.
- Right to amend this privacy and security statement.
These terms and conditions become effective when the user accesses this website for the first time and constitute a binding agreement between Senwes Limited, registration no 1997/005336/06 (Senwes) and the user.
Protection of customer information
What is customer information?
Customer information refers to the information applicable to a customer, whether the customer is an individual or a business. The information includes details such as name, age, identity number, assets, liabilities, income, payment records and membership number.
Why does Senwes collect customer information?
Senwes uses this information to service your account, to bring to your attention details of our other services and products, which may be of benefit to you, and to help learn more about the financial services you may be interested in. The more we know the better we can serve you.
How does Senwes safe-guard your information?
Keeping your financial information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. Our privacy code governs the behaviour of employees and suppliers with regard to accuracy, confidentiality and security of all customers' information
Information protection guidelines:
- Senwes will not collect information without your prior consent.
- The choice to provide Senwes with financial information is always yours.
- In financial dealings, withholding certain details may limit the service Senwes is able to provide.
- Consent to collect information can be expressed (for example signing an agreement) or implied (if you are given an opportunity to opt out of a specific form of information sharing, but choose not to do so, you imply that you choose to share this information with Senwes).
- The type of information you will be asked to provide will vary according to the service or services you require.
- Most of the information Senwes obtains concerning its customers is stored in databases that have built-in safe-guards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- Except as outlined in sharing customer information, Senwes will never sell or otherwise make available customer information to other organisations or parties including other companies in the Senwes Group, other than for exceptional cases as outlined in sharing customer information. As a condition of employment, employees who have access to customer information are required to abide by the privacy standards of Senwes.
Sharing customer information - Responsibility
The only instances in which Senwes is permitted to disclose customer information is when it is:
Authorised by you
Senwes is made up of different divisions. By sharing information about your accounts among our different divisions, we can serve you more efficiently. Other companies routinely contact Senwes for credit and financial information about customers. Senwes will, however, only share your personal information if you have granted the necessary consent.
Required by law
This most often relates to government tax reporting requirements. We will, however, in all instances required by law, only disclose the information specifically requested.
Necessity to protect Senwes' interest
This will not be used as a reason for disclosing information about you or your accounts (including your name and address) to anyone else, including other companies in our group for marketing purposes. However, basic procedures that protect Senwes' interests sometimes lead to the disclosure of specific customer information to third parties. Returning a cheque due to insufficient funds in an account is a good example.
In public interest
Sometimes Senwes is requested to disclose customer information for matters of public interest, e.g. to assist in the prevention of crime. Before complying with these requirements, Senwes will take every precaution to ensure the authorities involved have legitimate grounds to make such a request.
Our commitment to you, our customer
Senwes will not sell or provide personal customer information to third parties for independent use.
Storing personal information
Personal information collected by Senwes via the Senwes website, will be stored in a secured environment.
Privacy and security statements
Applicable to specific online services. Different online services and Senwes business units may have their own privacy and security policies because the nature of their products demand a deviation from the general Senwes policy. These specific policies will apply to and exclusively govern your use of particular online services.
Taking e-mail seriously:
Communication from this website
Senwes may use your personal or other information to send you information on new services or products that may be of interest to you and from time to time will mail, e-mail or sms information to you about Senwes, Senwes' products and services or on the Senwes Group of companies and their products or services. The user will have the option to indicate that he/she does not want to receive such product information in future, at the time of receipt of the communication. The user will, however, continue to receive other product information until the option to not receive future communications, has been selected for such specific product.
Remember, regular non-encrypted e-mail is not secure. For this reason Senwes will not include confidential account information in an e-mail response.
The Senwes website may contain links to or from other websites. While Senwes tries to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, Senwes is not responsible for the content or the security or privacy practices employed by other websites. Senwes recommends that you always read the privacy and security statements on such websites.
You can contribute to the protection of your privacy
You can also help maintain the security of your banking information by:
- Not sharing your ID or password with anyone.
- Changing your password regularly.
- Remembering to sign off after an online session.
- Not leaving your computer unattended while conducting online transactions.
- Helping Senwes maintain accurate records by letting us know when changes occur in your situation so we can update our records accordingly.
- Not sending any confidential information via un-encrypted e-mail.
- Not supplying your personal and financial information to any website you don't know or trust.
Right to amend this privacy and security statement